Plaistow Area Commerce Exchange (P.A.C.E) Seeks Applications for
Administrative Assistant/Media Specialist
20 Hours per month plus additional compensation to complete special projects as needed
What is P.A.C.E.? We are group of local business people who live or work in Atkinson, Danville, Hampstead, Kingston, Newton, Plaistow and Sandown, New Hampshire. We get together on a monthly basis to network, promote our businesses, socialize and improve our communities. We also hold an annual auction to benefit a scholarship program to eligible students from Timberlane, Pinkerton and Sanborn School Districts. P.A.C.E. is a recognized 501 (c) (6) tax exempt organization and has been since 1988.
Administrative Assistant/Media Specialist Job Description
The Administrative Assistant/Media Specialist works directly with the P.A.C.E. Board of Directors to oversee marketing, communication, and outreach campaigns that promote the PA.C.E. on behalf of its members. The Administrative Assistant/Media Specialist reports to the President of the P.A.C.E. Board of Directors. The ideal candidate has an understanding of business, particularly experience working with small businesses; expertise in social media; and excellent administrative, organizational, collaboration and communication skills.
Specific Areas of Responsibilities:
- Support the P.A.C.E. Board of Directors in day-to-day operations and with special events as needed
- Work with accounting services to deliver monthly financial reports to the Board.
- Prepare and distribute decision logs from Board meetings
· Capture and create original content for social media, website and/or print material from P.A.C.E. members and organization events.
- Manage the P.A.C.E. presence in social networking sites, post on relevant blogs and seed content into social applications; summarize and report on social media analytics monthly
- Help create, deliver, edit and optimize marketing materials, including the production of quarterly newsletters, e-announcements, videos and other print materials
- Maintain the P.A.C.E. web site, to include sponsor updates
- Maintain P.A.C.E. member database and distribution lists
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of marketing strategies, tools, and social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint & Adobe Creative Suite; experience with computer assisted publication design and layout preferred
- Experience using web based programs such as Mailchimp, Eventbrite, and other similar programs
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be a team player as well as work independently
- Public Relations, Marketing, Sales, and/or Community Management experience a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of running a business or community-based organization or non-profit preferred
- Flexibility to work some nights and weekends for special events.
To Apply: Send the following information to Dr. Melissa Marr, President, P.A.C.E. via email at email@example.com. Deadline January 20, 2018.
1. A cover letter expressing interest in the position.
2. A current resume
3. Names and phone contacts of 3 references